I live by the 80-20 rule. I eat healthy and nutritious foods 80% of the time and allow myself anything I fancy in the remaining 20%. I do not have any cravings for junk food anymore because I give my body everything it needs, but occasionally if I want something I will eat it without guilt. I can have a little bit of chocolate without the need of eating the whole bar.
I am never hungry and still being able to maintain a lean, athletic body. I am full of energy and positivity.
I train average 4x a week with weights and I do a little bit of cardio just to keep in condition and to recover better from my workouts. However, if I feel tired I do not hesitate to give myself an extra day off from the gym. I have become wiser and I do listen to my body.
Lifting weights and adding lean muscle to my frame has increased my metabolism and it has become much easier to maintain a lean, toned body all year round without restricting myself of anything.
Throughout my journey I have experienced and learnt the difference between being extreme and unhappy versus balanced and full of life.